The Michigan Sports Hall of Fame 53rd Annual MSHOF Induction Ceremony takes place on Monday, February 11, 2008 at the Max M. Fisher Music Center on Woodward in Detroit.
The Class of 2007 inductees (along with the best articles we could find) are:
- The Captain, Detroit Red Wing and NHL legend, Steve Yzerman (steviey.net, fan site dedicated to The Captain)
- Long-time local amateur hockey supporter and NHL team owner, Peter Karmanos* (ESPN article on Peter Karmanos)
- WJR AM 760 play-by-play announcer and pioneering sports talk host, Frank Beckmann (Spartan Podcast interview with Frank Beckmann)
- U-M Heisman Trophy winner and Super Bowl MVP, Desmond Howard (Desmond Howard, Football All American from UM)
- Olympic gold medalist swimmer from Michigan State University, Clarke Scholes (more about Clarke Scholes in Rearview Mirror)
- NHL Hall of Famer and Detroit Red Wing great Norm Ullman (interview with Norm Ullman at Legends of Hockey)
- Detroit Piston player and 1974 NBA Coach of the Year, Ray Scott (Ray Scott’s Piston coaching career)
- Olympic gold medalist and kayaking legend from Homer, Mich., Greg Barton (Epic Kayaks, founded by Greg Barton)
- University of Michigan great and NBA All-Star from Flint, Glen Rice (Glen Rice from NBA.com)
- Detroit Stars Negro League legend, Turkey Stearnes (Norman “Turkey” Stearnes from the Reconstruction Period Research Forum)
- “Ceciliaville” founder and Detroit basketball legend, Sammy Washington (Can’t find anything on Sammy, but here’s Ceciliaville)
*Due to a previously-scheduled commitment, Peter Karmanos will not be in attendance. He will be formally enshrined with the Class of 2008.
The Michigan Sports Hall of Fame is a 501 ©3 non-profit organization. For more information on the Hall and tickets to the event, visit www.michigansportshof.org.