Later this week (April 27-29) the 3rd annual Future Midwest Conference kicks off in Detroit. It’s the largest digital business conference in the Midwest and seeks to accelerate business and cultural transformation by uniting community passions with emerging technologies. In 2011, they’ve selected Eastern Market in Detroit as the conference venue. In this interview, conference co-founder Adrian Pittman explains that:
FutureMidwest is a digital business conference that focuses on the impact of technology in five areas:
- Integrated marketing: How to integrate digital platforms into a well-rounded marketing mix
- User experience: How to create an engaging experience across a variety of digital media
- Mobile: How it’s impacting information exchange and user access and how to utilize it
- Business Intelligence/Analytics: How to define metrics that matter most and apply them
- Regional growth: How the Midwest is participating in the information age
The conference features 2 full days of presentations, panels and exhibitions about technology, social media and how all of this ties into creating a new future for the Midwest. The 2011 conference debuts Funded by Night, one-day competition to fund tech startups where 25 companies will create to will compete to win a $100,000 convertible note from two local venture capital firms Detroit Venture Partners and Ludlow Ventures.
Any video with a space cow in it has to be good, and the 2010 conference video is no exception!