We at Absolute Michigan hope that your candy is sweet, your costumes are cool and that you have a safe and fun evening tonight! Here’s a few Halloween highlights:
- The Rowdy Ghosts of the Fenton Hotel – in our very first “Weird Wednesday” Linda S. Godfrey takes us on a tour of this 1856 hotel where some of the guests have yet to check out. If you like these, you can check out many more right here.
- The spookiest story I know is the Legend of the Nain Rouge, the red dwarf that some say still haunts Detroit.
- That said, I’m not going to be tempting the Ada Witch (cool video!) with any moonlight strolls by the Ada cemetery or touring Michigan’s haunted lighthouses.
- There’s some spooky things to do tonight that you can learn about in our Halloween edition of The Week and many haunted houses and attractions open tonight.
- Check out the Halloween slideshow from the Absolute Michigan pool on Flickr
- Share anything we missed in the comments and Happy Halloween to you all!
- Something we (nearly) missed was the World Record Devouring Grand Rapids Zombie Walk. The video is from Spout (where they have more pictures) and you can get the ghastly details from the Grand Rapids Press and see photos in the Grand Rapids Zombie Walk pool or in this Grand Rapids Zombie Walk search!