Although 2010 hasn’t been the best of years for maple sugaring, Megan from Spoon Blog took a visit to the 320 acre Currey Farm near Charlevoix to check out the maple syrup making process. In , she writes:
Still hungry? How about this recipe for a Michigan-made morning treat??!!
Maple BBQ Bacon
12 thick slices of bacon
1 jar American Spoon ® Maple BBQ Grilling Sauce
1) Preheat the oven to 375 °F.
2) Place a wire rack on a large baking sheet. Lay the bacon on the rack, being careful not to overlap the edges.
3) With a large spoon, drizzle one to two tablespoons of American Spoon ® Maple BBQ Grilling Sauce down the center of each slice of bacon. Then, with the back of the spoon, spread the BBQ sauce across the entire slice of bacon (it’s OK if it drips off the sides).
4) Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the bacon is cooked through and the sauce looks thick and dark on the bacon. If it burns on the edges, it’s OK.
5) Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Use as you would normal bacon â€“ for breakfast, on sandwiches or salads, or on its own as a snack.
Megan took these photos – check out her Michigan Maple photo slideshow!