Monday night on CBS’s Late Night with David Letterman the Lion’s #1 draft pick presented the “Top Ten Thoughts That Went Through Matthew Stafford’s Mind On Draft Day.” Stafford signed a record setting six-year contract that contains $41.7 million in guaranteed money and carries a total value of up to $78 million if he reaches his incentive goals. Last season the Lions finished 0-16 and are pinning their hopes on the former 3 year starter for the Georgia Bulldogs.
Thoughts That Went Through Matthew Stafford’s Mind on Draft Day:
10. You don’t often hear, “Congratulations, you’re going to Detroit.”
9. Why am I the only one who came to Radio City Music Hall dressed as a Rockette?
8. If the Lions win one game this year, I’m a hero.
7. Anybody dumps Gatorade on me and I’ll deck ‘em.
6. Holy crap, I think I just pulled a hamstring.
5. I didn’t think anything could top the excitement of Heidi and Spencer getting married.
4. Is it me or does NFL Commissioner Goodell look like a young Larry Hagman?
3. Why am I here when I could be at that movie where Beyonce and that babe fight?
2. Why does Jessica Simpson keep calling me?
1. I’d gladly go No. 2 if it means not having to appear on Letterman.