It’s the first NCAA tournament bid for the Wolverines since 1998, a #10 seed in the South Region with a draw of Clemson (23-8). UM takes a record of 20-13 into the 6:10 PM game on Thursday (Mar 19).
The Spartans (26-6) secured the #2 seed in the Midwest region. This is the 12th consecutive bid and they will face Robert Morris in the opener. Despite a disappointing loss to Ohio State in the Big Ten tourney, they are expected to do well after playing one of the toughest schedules in the country.
More UM & MSU Links (add more in the comments below!)
- Green & White from the Lansing State Journal and mLive’s UM Wolverine’s page.
- University of Michigan and Michigan State at rivals.com
- Michigan State & University of Michigan and at ESPN’s Clubhouse
- The blogs: MGoBlog & Spartan Tailgate
- YouTube: Michigan State Spartans opening video & University of Michigan team celebrates with fans on Selection Sunday