We’ve pulled together a great collection of Great Lakes & Michigan surfing videos with a few links:
- The photo was taken on Lake Michigan at Leland. You can see more surfing photos on Michigan in Pictures and also on Northern Michigan Surf on Facebook and in the Surfing slideshow from the Absolute Michigan pool!
- The best of the bunch is below, a TV special on Grand Haven filmmaker Vince Deur’s movie Unsalted. the 7 minute short introduces you to the history and present day of Great Lakes surfing. There’s also a couple of outtakes that take you to surfing hot spots like Michigan’s Lake Superior shore in winter! Last December we ran Michigan Film: Unsalted: A Great Lakes Experience that has all the details (including where to get it!) and tons of clips from the definitive work on riding the freshwater wave.
- The Roxy Get Outside Tour recently visited Grand Haven, Michigan with a couple pro female surfers. They also answered the “Michigan question” and visited the Great Lakes Surf Association (more Michigan footage including waterskiing at the Roxy blog)
- Surfing isn’t just for lakes any more, there’s also the Grand River Surf (featuring some cool Police tunes…)
- If surfing isn’t fast enough (or the waves aren’t big enough) there’s always kiteboarding. Boarding Lake Michigan Waves from South Beach in South Haven shows you highlights of surfers, kiteboarders and windsurfers. Every September, the King of the Great Lakes Kiteboarding Competition is held in Grand Haven. You can visit Mackinac Kites for information on the event.
- Pure Michigan gets in the act with the Fresh Water Surfing page.
- Check out Absolute Michigan keyword surf for surfing articles and surfing-related businesses! Might as well try Absolute Michigan keyword kiteboard too!
Did we miss something? Of course we did!! Tell us and/or add a link in the comments.