We have featured the Publius Voter Information Center before, but with the election just around the corner, we have to highlight this amazing website that aggregates data supplied by Michigan’s county clerks and the Michigan Bureau of Elections to produce a one-stop, information portal for Michigan voters.
Publius.org turns 10 this year. Project director Vince Keenan says that while the major races like the Governor’s race and big proposals like Proposal 2 garner the lion’s share of the media coverage, “That’s only a fraction of what’s on the ballot. There are a lot of guides that can get you to your State Reps, but PUBLIUS gets you to your Village Presidents. Hundreds of Michigan voters send us information and links every year. PUBLIUS is truly a community effort.”
At Publius.org you can:
- view your local sample ballot with links to campaign websites and candidate campaign finance information
- confirm voter registration
- identify polling locations (with maps)
- view new voting machine instructions
- download absentee ballot requests
- find out what you need to bring to the polls
This is a non-profit, non-partisan web site that gives you just the facts and shows you the ballot you will be looking at in the voting booth. We can’t stress enough: check this site out!
Also see: Inside a voting booth at Michigan.gov.