, ,

Remembering MSU Basketball Legend Jud Heathcote

via Michigan in Pictures... Jud Heathcote, photo courtesy MSU Basketball "Michigan State has lost one of its icons today. And yet nothing can erase his impact on the program, the players he coached and the coaches he mentored. Spartan…
, , , , , , , ,

Michigan March Madness: UM, Detroit fall, MSU Spartans face Billikens

Condolences are in order for the University of Michigan and University of Detroit Mercy who fell last night in the opening round of the NCAA tourney. U of M rode the Upset Special with the likes of #2 seeds Duke & Missouri, Temple. While…
, , , , , , , , , , ,

Michigan vs Michigan State Football Rivalry

It's rights for the title of the state, state champions, who's the best in the state, it's huge, big for the fans, big for the alumni and big for the players and coaches. ~Ryan Van Bergen, UM Defensive End This Saturday at 12 noon the University…
, , , , , ,

MSU Spartans, UM Wolverines & Oakland Golden Grizzlies earn 2011 NCAA Tourney Bids!

Via Michigan in Pictures... Darius Morris by JS_Owens || MSU Basketball #10 by Blackbeard Ben || summit league championship by elishapage After weeks of uncertainty, the state of Michigan was rewarded with not one or two but three…
, , , , , , , , , , , ,

Will Michigan Harness the Wind?

Great Lakes Echo is a project of the Knight Center for Environmental Journalism at Michigan State University. The site uses Creative Commons reporting to to help the news community cover the environment of the Great Lakes watershed. Absolute…
, , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Great Lakes Folk Festival: August 13 - 15, 2010

The roots, the rhythms and the richness of music, dance, arts and culture from across America and around the world come to downtown East Lansing for the Michigan State University Museum's annual Great Lakes Folk Festival, Aug. 13 - 15. The…
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Lansing ranks among great cities for young adults

Skyline: Lansing, Michigan, USA by Mario.Q Spotted in the Lansing State Journal today, Kiplinger magazine Lansing has been identified as one of 10 great cities for young adults. Ranking right along side the notable locations of Austin,…
, , , , , , , ,

Will Tom Izzo be a Cleveland Cavalier or MSU Spartan?

“I decided that this decision would put me here for life or not. I knew at the beginning, whatever decision I made, it was a decision for life.” ~Tom Izzo UPDATE: Tom Izzo chooses to stay at MSU. That wind you're feeling is a…
, , , , , , ,

Michigan says "Cheese" - Meet the Michigan Cheesemakers Cooperative

Ready for my closeup by farlane In MSU helps form Michigan cheese cooperative, Farm & Dairy reports on the newly formed Michigan Cheese Makers Cooperative. Members plan to work together to market their cheese, leverage their buying…
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

East Lansing Art Festival & MSU Arts and Crafts Show, May 22 & 23

Established in 1964, the East Lansing Art Festival is held every spring during the weekend prior to the Memorial Holiday weekend. Known for featuring the highest caliber fine art and fine craft, this highly anticipated Festival attracts 70,000-80,000…
, , , , , , , , , , , ,

Congratulations Coach Izzo!

MSU head basketball coach Tom Izzo has surpassed his predecessor Jud Heathcote with 341 wins for the school record of all time wins following a 106 to 68 trouncing of the University of Massachusetts Amherst. After having had served as the assistant…
, , , , , , , , , ,

AquaSWARM: MSU developing robot fish

Michigan State University researchers are developing aquatic robots that mimic fish movement to allow low cost and omni-present monitoring of harmful algal blooms in fresh water eco-systems. We at Absolute Michigan would like to welcome our…